Famous Jewelry In The Movies, Vol. 11: The Great Gatsby
For our final edition of Jewelry In The Movies, we bring you The Great Gatsby. Maybe we saved it until last because we most identify with the prohibition/flapper era. Maybe it was because Tiffany’s came out with a line to celebrate the film. Or maybe it was just because we couldn’t take our eyes off of all of the jewels that Carey Mulligan’s character Daisy Buchanan wore. While maybe a bored housewife of sorts, she did have the opportunity to wear the jewelry of the elite of the time. Yes, she was married to a bore. Yes, she could have had Jay Gatsby instead. We could debate her choices here forever. What’s not up for debate is how fabulous the jewels were.
So fabulous, in fact, that Tiffany’s created an entire line which debuted around the launch of Baz Luhramnn’s adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel. We’ve highlighted a few pieces here, many of which you can see in the film itself.
While heading out for a night on the town, Daisy is decked out in not just her island of an engagement ring, but also in several jewels, including those listed below. We have our favorite. Which is yours?
(1) The Savoy, a diamond and freshwater cultured pearl headpiece with a detachable brooch (from The Great Gatsby Collection by Tiffany & Co.)
(2) A hand ornament with a daisy motif in diamonds, cultured pearls and platinum from The Great Gatsby Collection by Tiffany & Co.
(3) A ring of pavé set diamonds and a center stone of 5.25 cts in platinum. From The Great Gatsby Collection by Tiffany & Co.
(4) The Tiffany Bangle with a fan motif in platinum with black lacquer, from The Great Gatsby Collection by Tiffany & Co.
(5) Tiffany diamond drop earrings in platinum, from The Great Gatsby Collection by Tiffany & Co.